Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Family moments

We just returned from 10 days in the midwest visiting family and friends. It has been an adjustment for me to live so far away from my family since moving here. Greg and I never lived in the same town as my family, but close enough that we spent time together when we wanted to. Now we live in the same town as some of Greg's family and its been a joy to be a part of their everyday lives. It gives me even more of a desire to live by my family again. I think a lot about how we've created a society that our lives are moveable. Travel has been made easy and that makes family life more difficult. We've been given the freedom and ability to live where we want to and meet spouses from different areas of the country only to find out it makes finding a home away from someone you love almost always a consequence. I've been so thankful that we have had the means to always visit our family who was far away, and I hope that will not become too difficult in the future.
We had a great time with my family camping in Yankton, besides fighting the horrific midwest wind that blew in over the weekend, the memories are abounding.

Jack and Kenzie were buddies this weekend, copying each other's every moves.

Greg and Derek even took the kids fishing.

1 comment:

Angela Kim said...

I'm so glad you had such wonderful family time.

Love LOVE the pictures :)

Miss you all...