I have to remember more often during the day , what my husband reminded me of today. Of my own insignificance... what a HUGE world we live in and more importantly, what a GREAT God we believe in. Its easy for me to go into despair, but I have been grasping more and more how big God is this year in my walk. One of my favorite verses this year that has been posted in my kitchen for a while now, is Lam. 3:21-4.
"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope. The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning, great is your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, 'therefore I will wait for him."
NIV version starts this verse saying... and 'Because of the Lord's great love, let us not be consumed, This is powerful for me personally, because its easy for me to be consumed in something... maybe partly because I am a woman. :) But also because I let myself do it, I give control to a power other than the Lord. This is a battle I do not want to fight. Instead I need to remember the Lord is Lord of my life...Lord of my thoughts...Lord of all of me. Because of the Lord's great LOVE (for us), we are not consumed. Praise God.
No comments:
Post a Comment