Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Known

It is interesting to me that no matter what circle you are in among people, there seems to be an underlying desire to have the most knowledge. To be the one that knows how to respond the quickest and with the most eloquent and thoughtful answer. I myself struggle with this because I feel like I never fit this description and I always want to. My biggest fear has always been public speaking, although this is not too strange according to statistics, but I've always thought if I could change something about myself it would be the ability to speak eloquently at only a moments pause and to do it in front of lots of people.

Today as I was reading in 1 Corinthians, I got to chapter 7:2-3 and it says; 'The man who thinks he knows something does not yet know as he ought to know, But the man who loves God is known by God.' ...I read it again. Immediately I felt convicted for the times that I feel inadequate by a lack of knowledge. 'For what can mere man do to me...', '...but we have the mind of Christ.' It is hard to imagine that I was given a mind that could reach the depths of wisdom that Christ showed while he was on earth. The kind of wisdom that only comes from the Lord and seeks the Lord's will. But to be known by God, wow, what an amazing life to strive for. To know that the Lord knows I love him and he knows me because I seek him and more importantly I seek to do what pleases him alone. This is what should matter the most to me, God's opinion and approval of me, no one else's.

This is a great thing to focus on, especially for me. It is something I need to be constantly evaluating myself in, especially in training up my children and being a godly wife. Every moment I have a chance to show my children that my attitude in every situation comes from the fact that I love the Lord and want him to be pleased with my actions, this should always keep me in check. Greg and my example is so important in teaching our kids what is honoring to the Lord. The training up never lets us stop checking ourselves, does it? :)

1 comment:

Angela Kim said...

love this post...am still getting used to your chickens :)
love you...