We carved it, the candy was dispersed, and then we cooked it that night. Have you ever cooked a pumpkin? I never really thought about eating a pumpkin. Last year, my mother-in-law cooked a pumpkin. A strange little dish we had, but it was surprisingly tasty. This year, a friend posted a recipe on her blog for pumpkin muffins. They looked delicious so I decided to cook my pumpkin and use it instead of buying a 15 oz. can of pumpkin. The muffins turned out delicious. I crushed some walnuts and mixed them with sugar, cinnamon, and butter and sprinkled on top of the batter. MMMmmm...
I cooked the pumpkin seeds in the oven too. Aren't cooked pumpkin seeds yummy? I've done this so few times in my life, but I really love them. I just melted some butter and sprinkled a little salt on top and cooked them in the oven about 40 min. on 300. MMMmmm... tasty.
We planted a little pumpkin patch this year, and we have three that are coming up now, a little late. But I'm hoping we get one or two ready to eat around Thanksgiving time. I can try some other recipes out with my cooked pumpkin and eat some more seeds.
1 comment:
I love roasted pumpkin seeds...we didn't get a pumpkin this year, maybe we still will since it is so nice out. On Halloween we helped the youth group from our church take kids from the People's City Mission trick or treating and then to a Christian concert and little carnival. It was so fun to see those kids have a fun night and let go of the heavy burdens I'm sure they carry everyday. We are so blessed to have our own warm beds and bathroom and a kitchen of fresh food...it broke my heart that those kids were going "home" to bunks in a big room at the mission house. They have amazing spirits and we had a great time with them. Matt even raced a couple kids through a bounce house maze, hilarious! Diane
Post a Comment