After I got home, Jack was still on an airplane kick, because Nana flew in and I flew out and in. Whatever Jack is thinking about, is what comes out in his prayers. It is so fun to hear what he is going to say at the table. Everyday Greg and I tune in really well, to listen to his thoughts. Recently its been things like; "Thank-you that mommy is home, and that Ericka (my friend) is home with Dusty, I'm glad, Thank-you that Nana was here, Bless this day to our bodies, Thank this food to our bodies." Its amazing how they listen to what we say in our prayers and copy it. I remember when he first prayed, "Dear Heavenly Father," to begin his prayer after hearing me say it. :)
Today, was a really cute prayer at breakfast, that made me laugh, again. He started, "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank-you that Donna's kids are sleeping (my sister-in-law), and Please let Daddy help me plant my garden today, and mommy too. I be glad about that. Thank you that I bless my sister, that I be kind and gentle. Bless this day to our bodies. Amen." Greg had been talking yesterday about planting a garden for Jack, and he didn't forget. So this morning, Jack and I planted a garden for him with; two corn seeds, a tomato seed, a couple carrot seeds, two bean seeds, an onion, and a sunflower. So we will see how it all grows. He is excited to water it everyday. :)
Clara's hair is growing longer all the time, and staying so white. She even has some cute curls in the back... I hope they stay, but I have serious doubts that they will with Greg and my STRAIGHT hair. :) I am finally starting to do her hair, and I love it. She does not love it so much, it's always a battle, a screaming battle at that. But if I keep it up now, she will start getting used to me playing with her hair, right moms? That's what I keep hoping. Its so fun to see her with a little ponytail in her hair.
3 comments:
Amanda, I was just thinking about you today as I looked at our garden and I was missing your blog! Thanks for posting :)
Glad to hear you are all doing well!
Maria
yay! so glad you posted again! I'd love to hear more about Costa Rica! What a great opportunity. Miss you, but see you soon!!!
Hey Mand! Loved Jack's prayer! Derek and I just had to laugh! We know how good that feels to have our kids sleeping! :) Also, thanks for showing a picture of your beautiful daughter! She is growing up so fast! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment