My little brother is married! Off on his honeymoon and I can hardly believe it. I've always known some day my siblings and I would probably all be married, starting families of our own, but somehow the moment it comes true feels so sudden. As I get older, I do not feel older, I just feel that more time has somehow slipped by. I went into the wedding without too much emotion, but as the sunshine and the flowers and the beautiful moment was developing around me, I began to find tears running down my face. I looked at Kevin and his bride and thought about how great this moment was for them. I remember my own wedding ceremony and that moment I realized I'd found the one I chose to live life with; a powerful moment. Some of my emotion rose from the fact that I live across the country from my whole family. I think back on all the memories of childhood with my parents and siblings, with so much joy. I miss being a part of their lives daily. Now is when it feels like its most important, when we've become who we are as a person and we live striving to be better. Living near Kevin feels the most recent, because he was with us when we were in West Hall. It was so fun to be able to see him strive in his college days and also be a part of our lives. I want so much to be a part of those first years of my both my brothers married lives. Its a great time to experience life. :)
Here's to Kevin and Kate! I wish you the best in the adventure ahead of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment